Disability Access Consulting
Our disability access consulting provides accurate and up-to-date advice about disability access as determined by the Building Codes of Australia (BCA), Australian Standards and Disability Discrimination legislation.
As part of ASN's Disability Access Consulting the below services are provided: (Click on each of the dot points for more information)
- On-site Access Audits (Pre, Mid & Post Construction)
- Desktop Access Audits (Conceptual & Schematics)
- Access Appraisals
- Access to Premises Compliance Reviews
- Disability Action Plans Development & Review
- Alternate Solution Designing
- Playspace Access Auditing
- Emergency Egress Auditing & Personal Evacuation Plans
- Luminance Contrast Testing
- Mobility Maps
ASN's detailed Access Auditing is inclusive of our unique Access Audit Reporting Tool (AART). The AART has been developed by ASN as a means of ensuring absolute accuracy and efficiency in the identification and reporting of non-conforming elements within the built environment. Click here for more information about ASN's AART system.
All of our Access Consulting Services are based on, but not limited to: (Click on each of the dot points for more information)
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Disability Standards for Education 2004
- Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002
- Disability Access to Premises - Buildings Standards 2010
- Building Codes of Australia
- AS1428.1 - 2009
- AS1428.2 - 1992
- AS1428.3 - 1992
- AS1428.4.1 - 2009
- AS1428.5 - 2010
- AS1735.12 - 1999
- AS2890.6 - 2009
- AS3745 - 2009
Professional Development Training
ASN develops and delivers training that suits all levels and industries. We have a wide range of pre-developed Training Packages and materials including: Disability Awareness, Understanding Autism, Building Accessible Communities, Accessible Built Environments, Understanding Access, AS1428 suite Overview, & Disability Discrimination Act overview.
ASN are also able to deliver an Access Appraisals two day course.
It has become increasingly difficult to get 30 staff together in the same room at the same time and this is the main reason why a lot of ASN's training courses are available in an online platform.
For more information about ASN's training please feel free to visit:
Disability Access Consultants | DDA Consultant | Access Appraisals | Access Audits | Mobility Maps | Premises Standards